Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TomandJerry TomandJerry is offline

Default Winword.exe will not close properly?? tg

I have a user running Word 2003 on Windows XP SP3. She has all the SP's
installed and other updates. She was complaining about a printing issue from
Word. When I looked into it what I found was that winword.exe is still
running after she closes Word. If I manually stop the process the printing
works just fine. I can't figure why winword.exe will not exit properly.
Help please. Thanks already
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If Word is used as the editor for Outlook, then you can still see
winword.exe running even if you close Word.

What is the printing issue?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"TomandJerry" wrote in message
I have a user running Word 2003 on Windows XP SP3. She has all the SP's
installed and other updates. She was complaining about a printing issue
from
Word. When I looked into it what I found was that winword.exe is still
running after she closes Word. If I manually stop the process the
printing
works just fine. I can't figure why winword.exe will not exit properly.
Help please. Thanks already

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TomandJerry TomandJerry is offline

I will check to see if Word is the editor for Outlook.

When she prints something and makes a settings change just for that print
job, like to print multiple copies, it keeps that setting even if she closes
out of Word and comes back into it later. After troubleshooting I found out
that winword.exe is still running after closing Word. If I manually kill
winword.exe and start over then printing works correctly. What gives??