Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mamabairn mamabairn is offline

Default Ctrl + c doesn't work Word 2007

only the keyboard shortcut ctrl C doesn't work. clicking to copy does. once
it's on the clipboard, Ctrl v will paste. Ctrl c works in Excel, and copying
from web pages.

problem just started.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mamabairn mamabairn is offline

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the dialog box, and discovered that the command for "copying text"
was Shift f2. That worked for a while, but now it is 6 hours later, and that
doesn't work any more. I tried to reassign ctrl +c, but it said that would
wipe out any other ctrl +c commands.

thanks

"mamabairn" wrote in message
only the keyboard shortcut ctrl C doesn't work. clicking to copy does.
once
it's on the clipboard, Ctrl v will paste. Ctrl c works in Excel, and
copying
from web pages.

problem just started.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But since you don't use any other ctrl-c commands, and it seems to
have gotten changed by accident, why would that be a problem?

"mamabairn" wrote in message
only the keyboard shortcut ctrl C doesn't work. clicking to copy does.
once
it's on the clipboard, Ctrl v will paste. Ctrl c works in Excel, and
copying
from web pages.

problem just started.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mamabairn mamabairn is offline

Why did the Shift F2 also stop working? it is still assigned for copying,
and it worked for several hours after I started using it. Apparently it is a
standard alternative command.

I will try re assigning ctrl c.