Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nick Nick is offline

Default Floating font toolbar customize?

Hello,

When I type in Word 2007, a floating font toolbar appears. I like this,
however, I was wondering if there's a way to customize this floating toolbar.
For instance... I'd like to add a button to it to format text as
"strikethrough". Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Nick wrote:
Hello,

When I type in Word 2007, a floating font toolbar appears. I like
this, however, I was wondering if there's a way to customize this
floating toolbar. For instance... I'd like to add a button to it to
format text as "strikethrough". Any suggestions?

Thanks.

No, the floating toolbar isn't customizable at all.

You can assign a keyboard shortcut to the Strikethrough command by going to
Office Button Word Options Customize Keyboard shortcuts Customize,
selecting the "All Commands" category, and locating Strikethrough in the
list of commands.

There is, of course, a strikethrough button in the Font group of the Home
ribbon, and you can add it to the Quick Access Toolbar by right-clicking it
and choosing that option. But there isn't a way to get the button closer to
the editing location.

There are lots of other formatting commands that people might want to put on
the Floatie (the unfortunately abandoned name it had during the beta tests),
but it's verboten. Some of the reasoning behind this is in Jensen Harris's
blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archiv...27/648269.aspx and
http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archiv...02/542118.aspx. You may not
agree with him, but now it is what it is.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman