Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nelson Nelson is offline

Default Loop in Word

Wondering if there is a way of using a loop command (goto, do until, etc) in
a Word document? I would like to print a letter to a contact, and include a
number of rows of info for the customer (each representing a contact that the
customer has submitted to us). I currently print a letter for each customer
contact, but want to combine all letters into a single letter, listing all
previous customer contacts.

So, instead of sending 5 letters with info on the 5 individual contacts, we
would like to send one letter with info on the 5 individual contacts.

Thanks for the help.
--
Nelson Tutterow

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nelson Nelson is offline

Thanks, Suzanne. Your post kind of gets me started. However, the link to
the sample file (Compound.EXE) that is referenced in the article is no longer
present. So, an example (for me, anyway) would be very helpful.

Thanks.
--
Nelson Tutterow

"nelson" wrote in message
Wondering if there is a way of using a loop command (goto, do until, etc)
in
a Word document? I would like to print a letter to a contact, and include
number of rows of info for the customer (each representing a contact that
the
customer has submitted to us). I currently print a letter for each
customer
contact, but want to combine all letters into a single letter, listing all
previous customer contacts.

So, instead of sending 5 letters with info on the 5 individual contacts,
we
would like to send one letter with info on the 5 individual contacts.

Thanks for the help.
--
Nelson Tutterow

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See
http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"nelson" wrote in message
Wondering if there is a way of using a loop command (goto, do until, etc)
in
a Word document? I would like to print a letter to a contact, and include
number of rows of info for the customer (each representing a contact that
the
customer has submitted to us). I currently print a letter for each
customer
contact, but want to combine all letters into a single letter, listing all
previous customer contacts.

So, instead of sending 5 letters with info on the 5 individual contacts,
we
would like to send one letter with info on the 5 individual contacts.

Thanks for the help.
--
Nelson Tutterow

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nelson Nelson is offline

Thanks Doug -

I'm working on your suggestion now.
--
Nelson Tutterow

"nelson" wrote in message
Wondering if there is a way of using a loop command (goto, do until, etc)
in
a Word document? I would like to print a letter to a contact, and include
number of rows of info for the customer (each representing a contact that
the
customer has submitted to us). I currently print a letter for each
customer
contact, but want to combine all letters into a single letter, listing all
previous customer contacts.

So, instead of sending 5 letters with info on the 5 individual contacts,
we
would like to send one letter with info on the 5 individual contacts.

Thanks for the help.
--
Nelson Tutterow

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nelson Nelson is offline

Doug -

I am having difficulty with the code that you suggested (from Cornell).
When I use this:

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = 1 "
{Mergefield "Employee_FMLName" }
{Mergefield "Employee_Address1" }
" "No Name & Address"}

I get only the word MERGESEQ to print. The fields Employee_FMLName &
Employee_Address1 are valid and print - if I leave off the MERGESEQ statement.

I cannot figure out what I'm missing.

Thanks,
--
Nelson Tutterow

"nelson" wrote in message
Wondering if there is a way of using a loop command (goto, do until, etc)
in
a Word document? I would like to print a letter to a contact, and include
number of rows of info for the customer (each representing a contact that
the
customer has submitted to us). I currently print a letter for each
customer
contact, but want to combine all letters into a single letter, listing all
previous customer contacts.

So, instead of sending 5 letters with info on the 5 individual contacts,
we
would like to send one letter with info on the 5 individual contacts.

Thanks for the help.
--
Nelson Tutterow

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Nelson

nelson wrote:
{ IF { MERGESEQ } = 1 "
{Mergefield "Employee_FMLName" }
{Mergefield "Employee_Address1" }
" "No Name & Address"}

I get only the word MERGESEQ to print. The fields Employee_FMLName &
Employee_Address1 are valid and print - if I leave off the MERGESEQ statement.

have you inserted all curly brackets via CTRL-F9?

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nelson Nelson is offline

Robert -

Yes, I used all of the curley brackets (using CTRL-F9). I have since found
that if I run the MERGESEQ command WITHOUT spaces between the curley brackets
on both sides of MERGESEQ, it seems to work OK. So, I'm going to be seeing
if that will allow me to continue. Don't know what to attribute that to?

Example: { MERGESEQ } doesn't seem to work; {MERGESEQ} does seem to work.

Thanks,
--
Nelson Tutterow

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote: