Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eight girls plus one Eight girls plus one is offline

Default Sticky Keys

I accidentally hit shift 5 times and suddenly had a box asking if I wanted
sticky keys. Can someone tell me what they are? How/when would I use them?

Thanks to previous posts, I know how to get rid of them.

I am using Vista.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mexc mexc is offline

Sticky keys help you use the Shift, CTRL, ALT or Window logo keys by pressing
one key at a time. When you hit Ctrl-Alt-Shift-Windows-J it's like your
fingers are playing Twister on the keyboard. If you enable sticky keys, it
lets you hit the Ctrl, Alt, Shift or Windows key separately to launch your
shortcut

"Eight girls plus one" wrote:

I accidentally hit shift 5 times and suddenly had a box asking if I wanted
sticky keys. Can someone tell me what they are? How/when would I use them?

Thanks to previous posts, I know how to get rid of them.

I am using Vista.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

They are a means for those with poor manual dexterity eg through disability
or injury, to operate multiple key combinations.
Check out Windows Accessibility Options.

Eight girls plus one wrote:
I accidentally hit shift 5 times and suddenly had a box asking if I
wanted sticky keys. Can someone tell me what they are? How/when
would I use them?

Thanks to previous posts, I know how to get rid of them.

I am using Vista.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eight girls plus one[_2_] Eight girls plus one[_2_] is offline

Thanks. This definitely helps me understand; fortunately, I don't need it -
at least not yet - but it is nice to know it is available. Thanks again.