Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debi Debi is offline

Default How do I change the color of a field shade in Word 2003?

I am attempting to create a form--but I want the fields that need to be
complete to stand out in the doucment. Gray isn't doing it for me. I am
also open to other ways of accomplishing this. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Debi wrote:
I am attempting to create a form--but I want the fields that need to
be complete to stand out in the doucment. Gray isn't doing it for
me. I am also open to other ways of accomplishing this. Thanks.

One way is to start by laying out your form in a table -- turn off its
borders if you don't want it to be obvious. For those fields that you want
to make conspicuous, set a color for the cell's background shading.

Another way, common on web pages, is to place a bold red asterisk in the
text next to required fields.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is no way to change the automatic color of field shading in any
version of Word. You could, however, remove the field shading and then use
Find and Replace to apply a highlight or shading color to fields. You would
be searching for "^19 " (that is, ^19 followed by a space, without the
quotation marks) and replacing with ^& with the appropriate formatting. In
order for the Replace operation to work, you must have field codes displayed
(Alt+F9).