Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lilly56 Lilly56 is offline

Default How do I get the caps lock message to show in Word?

I recently got a new computer, and transferred word 2003 over. On my old
computer, when I was typing and hit the caps key, a little message in the
lower right hand corner would appear, warning/telling me that caps lock was
on. And the reverse when I would hit the key again. On the new computer, it
doesn't do that, and I'd like to know how to get that feature. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That would be a feature of the computer rather than of Word. Ask the
manufacturer -- maybe it has a setting somewhere to show that, or
maybe you just have to rely on the signal light on the keyboard.

On Oct 1, 11:55 am, Lilly56 wrote:
I recently got a new computer, and transferred word 2003 over. On my old
computer, when I was typing and hit the caps key, a little message in the
lower right hand corner would appear, warning/telling me that caps lock was
on. And the reverse when I would hit the key again. On the new computer, it
doesn't do that, and I'd like to know how to get that feature. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Word 2003 did not do this; Excel 2003 did. And Word 2007 can be configured
to do something similar. Anything else you have seen is a function of the
keyboard driver.

--
Enjoy,
Tony