Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
savbci savbci is offline

Default hyperlinks - remove all in document

i have a word document with hyperlinks spread through out it. i want to
remove all the hyperlinks. if i highlight the document and right click it
doesn't give me hyperlink options (remove hyperlink). is there an easy way to
do this instead of going to all the different hyperlinks separately and
removing them??

thanks in advance for your response
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue O'Donnell Sue O'Donnell is offline

Try selecting all and then control/shift F9. That should remove all the
hyperlinks. However, if you have tables in your document, it may not remove
the hyperlinks in the tables. You might have to go after those separately.

"savbci" wrote:

i have a word document with hyperlinks spread through out it. i want to
remove all the hyperlinks. if i highlight the document and right click it
doesn't give me hyperlink options (remove hyperlink). is there an easy way to
do this instead of going to all the different hyperlinks separately and
removing them??

thanks in advance for your response

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
omnitechsupport omnitechsupport is offline

In order to remove hyperlinks in Word document, follow the steps below:

1. Select the document that you want to remove the hyperlinks.
(CTRL + A to select all the text in your document.)
2. Press CTRL + SHIFT + F9 to remove the hyperlinks.

I hope this should help.

"savbci" wrote:

i have a word document with hyperlinks spread through out it. i want to
remove all the hyperlinks. if i highlight the document and right click it
doesn't give me hyperlink options (remove hyperlink). is there an easy way to
do this instead of going to all the different hyperlinks separately and
removing them??

thanks in advance for your response

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Hyperlinks are fields. Note that if you use Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+Shift+F9,
this will unlink (i.e. change to normal text) all fields incl. TOC,
cross-references, etc. Therefore, if your document contains other fields, use
the macro below. It will unlink only the hyperlinks.

Sub Hyperlinks_UnlinkAll()

Dim oField As Field
For Each oField In ActiveDocument.Fields
If oField.Type = wdFieldHyperlink Then
oField.Unlink
End If
Next oField

End Sub

For help on installing a macro, see:

Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com

"savbci" wrote:

i have a word document with hyperlinks spread through out it. i want to
remove all the hyperlinks. if i highlight the document and right click it
doesn't give me hyperlink options (remove hyperlink). is there an easy way to
do this instead of going to all the different hyperlinks separately and
removing them??

thanks in advance for your response

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi savbci,

Be careful with Crl-A followed by Ctrl-Shift-F9. Sure it will convert all hyperlinks to plain text, but it'll do the same to all
other fields in the document too. If you've got other fields that you need to keep (eg cross-references, Table of Contents), you'll
need to select ranges so as to exclude them.

--
Cheers
macropod