Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristin Maling Kristin Maling is offline

Default Errors when opening W2003 file in W2007 (Drawn Objects & Text Obje

Hello,
I have about 100 Word 2003 templates that we've created over the years and
recently we upgraded to Word 2007. When I open these template files in 2007 I
get a "Show Repairs" pop-up saying errors were detected and lists the
following:

- Drawn Objects and Text Boxes 1
- Drawn Objects and Text Boxes 2

I've never had any problems with these files in Word 2003 in Windows nor
Word 2004 on a Mac and I'm wondering what these errors are? Does anyone have
any idea?

Thanks,
Kristin.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Kristin,

I have about 100 Word 2003 templates that we've created over the years and
recently we upgraded to Word 2007. When I open these template files in 2007 I
get a "Show Repairs" pop-up saying errors were detected and lists the
following:

- Drawn Objects and Text Boxes 1
- Drawn Objects and Text Boxes 2

I've never had any problems with these files in Word 2003 in Windows nor
Word 2004 on a Mac and I'm wondering what these errors are? Does anyone have
any idea?

They look OK? Afterwards you're saving them in 2007 file format? And no problems
after that?

Then I wouldn't worry about it. Office 2007 has a new graphics engine that Word
has only partially implemented. And Word 2003 definitely had some problems with
managing TextBoxes (the AutoShape kind) in the *.doc file. It's quite possible
that the 2007 converter isn't liking something in the guts of the file format.
But once it's fixed what it doesn't like it should be stable enough.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)