Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TomandJerry TomandJerry is offline

Default Winword.exe will not close properly. - tg

I have a user running Word 2003 on Windows XP SP3. She has all the SP's
installed and other updates. She was complaining about a printing issue from
Word. When I looked into it what I found was that winword.exe is still
running after she closes Word. If I manually stop the process the printing
works just fine. I can't figure why winword.exe will not exit properly.
Help please. Thanks already

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TomandJerry TomandJerry is offline

Problem solved. It was the setting in Outlook to use Word as the editor. We
unchecked that it started working correctly.

"TomandJerry" wrote:

I have a user running Word 2003 on Windows XP SP3. She has all the SP's
installed and other updates. She was complaining about a printing issue from
Word. When I looked into it what I found was that winword.exe is still
running after she closes Word. If I manually stop the process the printing
works just fine. I can't figure why winword.exe will not exit properly.
Help please. Thanks already

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gene Joyce Gene Joyce is offline

I am having a similar (but worse) problem since I downloaded and applied the
same version. Both the EXCEL and WINWORD processes do not stop when I exit
Word or Excel. Every time I re-start either one it leaves an orphan process
tunning. By the end of the day there can be a LOT of instances running that I
clear out with task manager.
Anyone have ideas on this?