Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NancyNancy NancyNancy is offline

Default Auto Recovery Saving

This option is set to auto save every 10 minutes. On one particular doc that
I work on and update each week takes at least 3 minutes to auto save. While
the doc is auto saving, the screen freezes, I cannot work on anything else in
Word, and have to sit and wait for the auto save to finish. This does not
happen with any other document and the auto save works as it is supposed to
and is very quick. It is only on this one doc, which I have redon and
reformatted twice to see if it was some unkown/hidden setting. It didn't
help. Any other suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NancyNancy NancyNancy is offline

Forgot to add...using Word 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NancyNancy NancyNancy is offline

In Word 2007, it's a bit different...click on the big office button | Word
Options | Advanced | Save | Allow Background Saves

Yes, I do have "Allow background saves" checked. But that is the same
setting used on ALL docs, and only this one doc is affected whereas all other
docs auto save with no problems. So if it affects one, it would affect the
others...correct?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have background saves enabled (Tools | Options | Save)?

"NancyNancy" wrote in message
This option is set to auto save every 10 minutes. On one particular doc
that
I work on and update each week takes at least 3 minutes to auto save.
While
the doc is auto saving, the screen freezes, I cannot work on anything else
in
Word, and have to sit and wait for the auto save to finish. This does not
happen with any other document and the auto save works as it is supposed
and is very quick. It is only on this one doc, which I have redon and
reformatted twice to see if it was some unkown/hidden setting. It didn't
help. Any other suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unless this is an especially long and complex document, I think I'd be
inclined to wonder if it might be corrupt. You might want to try using Open
and Repair to see if it produces a document that saves faster.