Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sarah sarah is offline

Default Locking Headers and Footers

I have created headers and footers within a template, but need to 'lock' them
so the end users cannot delete, move or copy them.

Any help much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Sarah,

If you insert a continuous Section break as the first character in the body of your document, then protect the document for forms
(protecting only Section 1), the users will be unable to change the header contents. Note, though, that this disables various other
editing options also.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Sarah" wrote in message ...
I have created headers and footers within a template, but need to 'lock' them
so the end users cannot delete, move or copy them.

Any help much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sarah sarah is offline

That's great, thank you. Can you help me with what other editing options this
would disable?

Many thanks

"Sarah" wrote in message ...
I have created headers and footers within a template, but need to 'lock' them
so the end users cannot delete, move or copy them.

Any help much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sarah sarah is offline

Also when I try to do this it inserts a whole page...how can I insert it
without this happening?

Apologies for my lack of knowledge!

"Sarah" wrote in message ...
I have created headers and footers within a template, but need to 'lock' them
so the end users cannot delete, move or copy them.

Any help much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Sarah,

Once you protect the document via Tools|Protect Document Forms (which you might like to do on a test document), clicking on the
menus will soon show a range of options that are normally available that are now greyed out.

As for the pagination issue, you must make sure the Section break that you insert (via Insert|Break Continuous) is a Continuous
break.

--
Cheers
macropod