Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert11 Robert11 is offline

Default Help Please. Re Document Opening Up Really Differently

Hello,

Would sure appreciate some help. Thanks.

Using an older copy of WORD, WORD 2002.
Perhaps that is my problem ? Running XP.

Frankly WORD just drives me crazy.

The latest is that when I open up a particular Word document now (never did
this before).
I get a view that shows in extremely small font size the document, on the
left side of the page.
All the pages are shown together. Takes about an inch or two of the screen.

To get back to something "normal," it seems that I have to click on a "Web
Layout View" icon on the bottom.
This gets back pretty close to what I've always had, but not 100%.

If I click on the "normal view" icon on the bottom, I get the showing of all
the pages in the incredibly small font, all shown vertically one after the
other, on about a few inches at the left side of the screen. So, "normal"
doesn't seem to be so normal.

What might have happened to change things ?

How do I lock in my normal view, showing a page at a time as one would
typically expect to see a multi page document ?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Click View | Zoom and choose 100%. Does that help? To save the zoom, edit
the document (for example, type and delete a space) to mark it as modified,
and then press Ctrl+S.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Robert11" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert11 Robert11 is offline

Hello,

Much thanks for help. Really appreciate it, and nice of you folks to take
the time.

Suggestions seem to have helped.
Will have to see if it changes "by-itself" again ? Hope not.

Regards,
Bob

----------------
"Robert11" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If it is the zoom issue that Robert wrote about, as a workaround you can use
the auto macros presented by Graham Mayor in the following article:
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm (in the code, see the remark on
the "tiny cursor" error).

--
Stefan Blom