Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Create Template for Quick Data Entry

I want to create a template to make things easier for me. I'm able to get the
template to work partially, but am struggling with one or two last things.

The first thing is that I have text that occurs several times throughout the
document, and I want to be able to enter this text once (either by prompt or
by double clicking a field and entering the text) and for it to update
throughout the document. I don't know how to go about doing this and don't
know what to search for.

The second is more of the capabilities of Word. Is it possible to have a
general template, then have a second template based on the first template?
i.e. I could have a general template that contains the heading and footer of
my standard documents and a few additional things, but then have a second
template for a standard letter, that uses the general template, so any
changes to the general template will filter down to the letter template.
(Sorry that it was a long description.)

I mainly use Word 2003, but am considering getting Office '07.

Any help with these matters would be appreciated.

Regards,
Richard