Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
smashed_penguin smashed_penguin is offline

Default research option in toolbar won't open

In word 2003, when I click on the toolbar tools/research option, shift F7 or
alt + click shortcut keys in document, word closes every time no matter what
document I'm in.
I have all the updates installed and have not remaoved anything.
It did not do this a few weeks ago.
Please help, I used to use this feature alot and feel disadvanted wihtout it.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harpreet Harpreet is offline

Reproduce the issue again and then go to start, then run, now type "eventvwr".
Click on Application, on the left side, and see the 1st 5 errors,
Let me know the event ID

In the meanwhile, try opening word in /a and /safe mode, Click on start,
then run now type "winword/a" and click on OK. Check if you are still facing
the same issue.