Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mlarson Mlarson is offline

Default How do I take off symbol begining each line

I have a symbol that looks like a backwards P at the begining of each line.
I don't know how it got there, so naturally I can figure out how to get it
off.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 08:49:00 -0700, Mlarson
wrote:

I have a symbol that looks like a backwards P at the begining of each line.
I don't know how it got there, so naturally I can figure out how to get it
off.

It always astonishes me that people complain about the display of the ¶ symbols
(the paragraph marks) but never notice that the same symbol is on the toolbar
(or Home ribbon, if this is Word 2007).

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But how did s/he get it at the _beginning_ of each line?

Seehttp://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I suspect it's at the end but if you don't know what it is, it could be
assumed to be at the beginning. Or it could be a typo?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote:

I have a symbol that looks like a backwards P at the begining of each
line.
I don't know how it got there, so naturally I can figure out how to get
it
off.

It always astonishes me that people complain about the display of the ¶
symbols
(the paragraph marks) but never notice that the same symbol is on the
toolbar
(or Home ribbon, if this is Word 2007).

Seehttp://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Oooh - that would be wicked!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote:

I have a symbol that looks like a backwards P at the begining of each
line.
I don't know how it got there, so naturally I can figure out how to get
it
off.

It always astonishes me that people complain about the display of the ¶
symbols
(the paragraph marks) but never notice that the same symbol is on the
toolbar
(or Home ribbon, if this is Word 2007).

Seehttp://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I assumed that it appears as the only thing on a new line, and then the OP types
there. Given the general obliviousness of many posters here, I'm rarely
surprised by what might be termed "your other left".

wrote:

I have a symbol that looks like a backwards P at the begining of each line.
I don't know how it got there, so naturally I can figure out how to get it
off.

It always astonishes me that people complain about the display of the ¶ symbols
(the paragraph marks) but never notice that the same symbol is on the toolbar
(or Home ribbon, if this is Word 2007).

Seehttp://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Oh, surely not. I am shocked--shocked!--that you could think this. g

wrote:

I have a symbol that looks like a backwards P at the begining of each
line.
I don't know how it got there, so naturally I can figure out how to
get it
off.

It always astonishes me that people complain about the display of the
¶ symbols
(the paragraph marks) but never notice that the same symbol is on the
toolbar
(or Home ribbon, if this is Word 2007).

Seehttp://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Please pardon me. I must have been projecting my sarcastic, ironic, cynical
attitude on the rest of the world.