Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PollyP PollyP is offline

Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when i type in word i get the editing symbols on my docxument. How can i get
rid of these.

Txs
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

To the left of the to the % view on the tool bar, click the paragraph mark
symbol ¶ to toggle off.

Hope this helps,
-
Brian McCaffery

"PollyP" wrote:

when i type in word i get the editing symbols on my docxument. How can i get
rid of these.

Txs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I wonder if you mean the Non-Printing Characters. Click the paragraph-
symbol button on the toolbar or ribbon.

Though I don't see how anyone can work in Word without at least the
paragraph marks visible.

On Oct 13, 8:12 am, PollyP wrote:
when i type in word i get the editing symbols on my docxument. How can i get
rid of these.

Txs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PollyP PollyP is offline

Thank you for your observation but I work very well without it. These marks
just confuse me.

Thanks anyway.

On Oct 13, 8:12 am, PollyP wrote:
when i type in word i get the editing symbols on my docxument. How can i get
rid of these.

Txs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Then I hope you won't be back in a few days wondering why you get
blank sheets of paper getting printed at the end of your document! The
answer is just about always that there are lots of empty paragraphs
after the end of the text.

On Oct 13, 8:12 am, PollyP wrote:
when i type in word i get the editing symbols on my docxument. How can i get
rid of these.

Txs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

"grammatim" wrote in message
Then I hope you won't be back in a few days wondering why you get
blank sheets of paper getting printed at the end of your document! The
answer is just about always that there are lots of empty paragraphs
after the end of the text.

I've noticed that - why does it happen if we haven't entered them?

Mary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Most likely you have. You get to the end of the document and press Enter.
Then you see something earlier that you need to change, so you click up
there with the mouse. After making the change, since you can't see the empty
paragraph that you have already created, you go to the end of the last
paragraph and press Enter again. Several occurrences of this behavior can
give you quite a few empty paragraphs.

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"grammatim" wrote in message
Then I hope you won't be back in a few days wondering why you get
blank sheets of paper getting printed at the end of your document! The
answer is just about always that there are lots of empty paragraphs
after the end of the text.

I've noticed that - why does it happen if we haven't entered them?

Mary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Oct 13, 10:42 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"grammatim" wrote in message

... Then I hope you won't be back in a few days wondering why you get
blank sheets of paper getting printed at the end of your document! The
answer is just about always that there are lots of empty paragraphs
after the end of the text.

I've noticed that - why does it happen if we haven't entered them?

Some people don't seem to understand how to use Styles or Paragraph
Formatting, so if they want space between paragraphs, they type an
extra paragraph. Then if they go back and change something, or move
things around, they don't collect those extra spacing-paragraphs,
because they turned off their display, so they get left behind, so
they type more of them to get more spacing ...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"grammatim" wrote in message

Then I hope you won't be back in a few days wondering why you get
blank sheets of paper getting printed at the end of your document! The
answer is just about always that there are lots of empty paragraphs
after the end of the text.

I've noticed that - why does it happen if we haven't entered them?

Some people don't seem to understand how to use Styles or Paragraph
Formatting, so if they want space between paragraphs, they type an
extra paragraph. Then if they go back and change something, or move
things around, they don't collect those extra spacing-paragraphs,
because they turned off their display, so they get left behind, so
they type more of them to get more spacing ...

Heavens! What a waste of finger energy :-) But thanks for the explanation.

Mary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Most likely you have. You get to the end of the document and press Enter.
Then you see something earlier that you need to change, so you click up
there with the mouse. After making the change, since you can't see the
empty paragraph that you have already created, you go to the end of the
last paragraph and press Enter again. Several occurrences of this behavior
can give you quite a few empty paragraphs.

I can see how that could happen but I rarely change anything. Why try to
improve on perfection?

:-)))

Thanks, I'll look out for that.

Mary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Oct 13, 11:29 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in . ..

Most likely you have. You get to the end of the document and press Enter.
Then you see something earlier that you need to change, so you click up
there with the mouse. After making the change, since you can't see the
empty paragraph that you have already created, you go to the end of the
last paragraph and press Enter again. Several occurrences of this behavior
can give you quite a few empty paragraphs.

I can see how that could happen but I rarely change anything. Why try to
improve on perfection?

:-)))

Well the Founders got together to make a More Perfect Union ...

Thanks, I'll look out for that.

Mary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"grammatim" wrote in message
On Oct 13, 11:29 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in
. ..

Most likely you have. You get to the end of the document and press
Enter.
Then you see something earlier that you need to change, so you click up
there with the mouse. After making the change, since you can't see the
empty paragraph that you have already created, you go to the end of the
last paragraph and press Enter again. Several occurrences of this
behavior
can give you quite a few empty paragraphs.

I can see how that could happen but I rarely change anything. Why try to
improve on perfection?

:-)))

Well the Founders got together to make a More Perfect Union ...

'More perfect' ?

Perfection can't be improved :-)

Mary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Oct 13, 2:38 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"grammatim" wrote in message

On Oct 13, 11:29 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in
. ..

Most likely you have. You get to the end of the document and press
Enter.
Then you see something earlier that you need to change, so you click up
there with the mouse. After making the change, since you can't see the
empty paragraph that you have already created, you go to the end of the
last paragraph and press Enter again. Several occurrences of this
behavior
can give you quite a few empty paragraphs.

I can see how that could happen but I rarely change anything. Why try to
improve on perfection?

:-)))

Well the Founders got together to make a More Perfect Union ...

'More perfect' ?

Perfection can't be improved :-)

I guess in 1787 they were more optimistic than you are.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"grammatim" wrote in message

[...]

Oohhhhhhhh - hold me back someone ....

This is a WORD forum :-)