Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GordonM GordonM is offline

Default MS Word 2003 - Different form layout on different computers

I have devloped a form that very tightly fits a legal-size page. This takes
up exactly one page on my home computer (Word 2003). However, when I use
this form on my work office computer (also Word 2003), the form doesn't fit
and spills over into a second page. Given that, during real usage, this form
will be used on several hundred different Word installations, I need to be
sure that this spill-over doesn't happen. Are there any measures that I can
take to ensure that all users see the one-page form with no spill-over.

Thank you
Gordon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GordonM GordonM is offline

Thank you. I wondered if it might be a printer driver issue. I'll try the
suggestions. I suspect that I am going to be have to be a bit conservative
about how much I squeeze on the page.

Gordon

"GordonM" wrote in message
I have devloped a form that very tightly fits a legal-size page. This
takes
up exactly one page on my home computer (Word 2003). However, when I use
this form on my work office computer (also Word 2003), the form doesn't
fit
and spills over into a second page. Given that, during real usage, this
form
will be used on several hundred different Word installations, I need to be
sure that this spill-over doesn't happen. Are there any measures that I
can
take to ensure that all users see the one-page form with no spill-over.

Thank you
Gordon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GordonM GordonM is offline

Yes, my printer (Canon i860) at home seems to be able to print a couple more
(12pt) lines than the more expensive HP Laserjet at work. Of course, with
several 100 uses using dozens of printers, it's going to be hard to know
which the worst one is going to be.

Gordon

"GordonM" wrote in message
I have devloped a form that very tightly fits a legal-size page. This
takes
up exactly one page on my home computer (Word 2003). However, when I
use
this form on my work office computer (also Word 2003), the form doesn't
fit
and spills over into a second page. Given that, during real usage,
this
form
will be used on several hundred different Word installations, I need to
be
sure that this spill-over doesn't happen. Are there any measures that
can
take to ensure that all users see the one-page form with no spill-over.

Thank you
Gordon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As long as you allow at least 0.5" on the trailing edge (bottom for portrait
pages, left or right for landscape), you'll be safe on most printers, but
some inkjets require as much as 0.55".