Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chachi Chachi is offline

Default Different displays with same document on different computers

I have a word document (resume) that fits on 1 page on one computer but when
I view it on a different computer it takes up a page and a quarter. I've
made sure the margins, view (print layout), page layout, and font size are
all the same for the document on both computers. I do not know how this can
be. Any advice/explanation would be greatly appreciated as I want the
document to fit on 1 page no matter what computer is used to view it. Thank
you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Document display varies by default printer, since Word is WYSIWYG.

If you have to have the document always appear the same way, your best bet
is to associate the document with a .pdf printer, and save the file in .pdf
format. In Word 2007, you can do this by saving to a .pdf file (if you've
installed the free converter:

). But, you'd need to experiment a little, since it's not implemented as a
printer driver.

In all versions of Word, something like the free PrimoPDF converted will do
the job. It's available for free he

http://www.primopdf.com/

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP