Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Toody Toody is offline

Default Get Message that "Normal" has been changed in Word. Please help.

Recently, after having to reinstall/reformat my computer
system/files/programs due to a virus, I started getting the following comment
upon closing a Word 2003 screen, whether it is blank, contains my own
document, or an attahment from another person:

Microsoft Office Word -- "Changes have been made that affect the global
template Normal. Do you want to save these changes?"

I've selected cancel, since I did not make any changes to the template -- or
any of my settings, aside from loading various toolbars from the toolbar
menu. Other times I've selected "no" or "yes," but the comment keeps
appearing, although not every time I close Word.

I don't know what to do; I've searched for Normal.dot (which seems to be the
Normal that the message refers to, but that's not in any of my
files/directories.

I've been able to open and creat all documents and attachments from other
people. However, today, I tried to open a Word .rtf attachment from a friend,
but all I got was a blank screen. (Is this related to the issue?)

What do I do? How can I return things back to normal -- or find out what
normal is, since I've been getting this comment ever since I reinstalled Word.

Any help will be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Toody Toody is offline

To add to my post, listed below, I looked under "Templates and Add-ins,"
under Document Template, normal is listed. Under "Checked items are
currently loaded" redaction.dot is the only one listed. What is Redaction.dot?