Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EVO EVO is offline

Default Mail Merge Auto Selecting Recipients

Very weird and totally frustrating. I have a mailmerge document (MS Word) in
table form, that consistently automatically selects a bunch of records in the
input file (recipients) - mostly near the top of the file there were not
selected. (Clear all, select wanted records, get list - contains records not
selected). Try to reselect and uncheck the items, and they get checked all
over again. What can be going on that is causing records to get selected?
--
Olive Oil Importer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word and what is the data source?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"EVO" wrote in message
Very weird and totally frustrating. I have a mailmerge document (MS Word)
in
table form, that consistently automatically selects a bunch of records in
the
input file (recipients) - mostly near the top of the file there were not
selected. (Clear all, select wanted records, get list - contains records
not
selected). Try to reselect and uncheck the items, and they get checked all
over again. What can be going on that is causing records to get selected?
--
Olive Oil Importer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EVO EVO is offline

Behaves the same on two networked computers, one with Word 2002 on XP and the
other with Word 2007 on Vista. Data source is an Excel spreadsheet. This has
been working for a long time and only recently started exhibiting this
behavior. I did make some code changes in the Word file but tested an older
version and it is doing the same thing?
--
Olive Oil Importer

"EVO" wrote in message
Very weird and totally frustrating. I have a mailmerge document (MS Word)
in
table form, that consistently automatically selects a bunch of records in
the
input file (recipients) - mostly near the top of the file there were not
selected. (Clear all, select wanted records, get list - contains records
not
selected). Try to reselect and uncheck the items, and they get checked all
over again. What can be going on that is causing records to get selected?
--
Olive Oil Importer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EVO EVO is offline

Hi Doug
I'll send them to you. I am leaving for a 2 wk Italy trip in the AM, so if
you get something this evening great. But if you send something after this
evening I don't want you to think I have ignored you. I'll pick it up when I
get back - I DO NEED to fix this.

EVO
--
Olive Oil Importer