Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nadine Nadine is offline

Default Copy AutoCorrect entries from Word 2003 to Word 2007 (XP to Vista)

Copy to new computer - Copy AutoCorrect entries from Word 2003 to Word 2007
(XP to Vista)

But searched discussion groups and found references to templates and macros
can download. But our users can't install unauthorized templates or marcros.

Are there files like the normal.dot that I can just copy from one PC to
another?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Unformatted Autocorrect entries are stored in .ACL files, on XP in
C:\Documents and Settings\[userid]\Application Data\Microsoft\Office, and on
Vista in C:\Users\[userid]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office. Copy them all.

Formatted Autocorrects are held in Normal.dot (Word 2003) or Normal.dotm
(Word 2007). It sounds like you may already have these.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Nadine" wrote in message
news
Copy to new computer - Copy AutoCorrect entries from Word 2003 to Word
2007
(XP to Vista)

But searched discussion groups and found references to templates and
macros
can download. But our users can't install unauthorized templates or
marcros.

Are there files like the normal.dot that I can just copy from one PC to
another?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nadine Nadine is offline

Default Copy AutoCorrect entries from Word 2003 to Word 2007 (XP to Vi

Thanks, so I can copy the .acl files from the xp computer to the vista/word
2007 and all will available in word 2007

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Unformatted Autocorrect entries are stored in .ACL files, on XP in
C:\Documents and Settings\[userid]\Application Data\Microsoft\Office, and on
Vista in C:\Users\[userid]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office. Copy them all.

Formatted Autocorrects are held in Normal.dot (Word 2003) or Normal.dotm
(Word 2007). It sounds like you may already have these.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Nadine" wrote in message
news
Copy to new computer - Copy AutoCorrect entries from Word 2003 to Word
2007
(XP to Vista)

But searched discussion groups and found references to templates and
macros
can download. But our users can't install unauthorized templates or
marcros.

Are there files like the normal.dot that I can just copy from one PC to
another?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Yes, they should be.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

news

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Unformatted Autocorrect entries are stored in .ACL files, on XP in
C:\Documents and Settings\[userid]\Application Data\Microsoft\Office, and
on
Vista in C:\Users\[userid]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office. Copy them
all.

Formatted Autocorrects are held in Normal.dot (Word 2003) or Normal.dotm
(Word 2007). It sounds like you may already have these.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Nadine" wrote in message
news
Copy to new computer - Copy AutoCorrect entries from Word 2003 to Word
2007
(XP to Vista)

But searched discussion groups and found references to templates and
macros
can download. But our users can't install unauthorized templates or
marcros.

Are there files like the normal.dot that I can just copy from one PC to
another?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nadine Nadine is offline

Great, thanks I try it out.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Yes, they should be.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

news

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Unformatted Autocorrect entries are stored in .ACL files, on XP in
C:\Documents and Settings\[userid]\Application Data\Microsoft\Office, and
on
Vista in C:\Users\[userid]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office. Copy them
all.

Formatted Autocorrects are held in Normal.dot (Word 2003) or Normal.dotm
(Word 2007). It sounds like you may already have these.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

news Copy to new computer - Copy AutoCorrect entries from Word 2003 to Word