Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

Default Setting Draft Quality in Print Options as default

Word 2007. I need to set Draft Quality as the Print setting in all new
documents. How do I do this? (I set it in Office Button-Word
Options-Advanced-Print but it doesn't stick.....)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You need to go to Control Panel, Printers applet, then right-click on the
printer icon, select Properties and change the default Printing Preference
to Draft. It is a Printer driver default rather than a Word default.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Gordon" wrote in message
Word 2007. I need to set Draft Quality as the Print setting in all new
documents. How do I do this? (I set it in Office Button-Word
Options-Advanced-Print but it doesn't stick.....)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
You need to go to Control Panel, Printers applet, then right-click on the
printer icon, select Properties and change the default Printing Preference
to Draft. It is a Printer driver default rather than a Word default.

So what's the purpose of the "Draft" setting in Word Options-Advanced-Print
then?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Sorry, I missed that bit (didn't read you message properly) and I thought
you were changing it when you went to File, Print. I've not seen this
reported before and I don't know the answer but will try to research it for
you.

Terry