Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BannermanService BannermanService is offline

Default How do I remove a data source froma document

I want to attach a document I produced usuing mail merge to an email to be
sent by a separate ISP but I dont want my recipient to get the "Opening this
document will run the following SQL command:" "Data from your database will
be place" etc Dialogue box, when they open my word document on their pc..
How can I dissassociate the database after I have completed my mail merge?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You can set the Mail Merge Main document type to "Normal Word Document"
- in Word 2007 that option is on the Start Mail Merge button. In Word
2002 and 2003 it's probably easiest to use View-Toolbars to enable the
mail merge toolbar, then use the first button to do that. In Word 2000
and earlier, use Option 1 in the Mail Merge Helper.

You will lose any data source sort/filter options when you do this, but
all the merge fields will remain in the document.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

BannermanService wrote:
I want to attach a document I produced usuing mail merge to an email to be
sent by a separate ISP but I dont want my recipient to get the "Opening this
document will run the following SQL command:" "Data from your database will
be place" etc Dialogue box, when they open my word document on their pc..
How can I dissassociate the database after I have completed my mail merge?

WANT TO REMOVE OLD SOURCE DATA FROM MAIL MERGE DOCUMENT Badri New Users 1 March 18th 07 06:34 AM
Sharepoint document as data source Tony McNair Mailmerge 1 November 17th 06 01:01 PM
remove data source markg Mailmerge 2 January 16th 06 11:15 PM
remove data source markg Mailmerge 0 January 12th 06 06:01 PM
Merge multiple data in one document from same data source Jasy Mailmerge 2 October 15th 05 07:20 PM