Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Seven[_2_] Seven[_2_] is offline

Default Content Control data not showing in Word Viewer 2003

Hi all,

I've been developing an app that uses Content Controls (Word 2007 template).
The document data binds customXML to the Content Controls successfully, and
can be viewed in Word 2007.

However, I'm the only employee with Office 2007, everybody else uses the
Word Viewer 2003 to view ANY documents... But my documents that are generate
DO NOT view correctly, due to the Content Controls databindings.

I have installed the update for viewing docx documents in Word Viewer 2003

Does anybody have any ideas what I can do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Content controls are converted to static text when viewed or opened in 2003
and before. If all of your users are still using 2003 and before, you would
be wise to work in W2007's compatibility mode so you can't use features that
won't transfer back and to use the legacy tools instead of content controls.
See

and
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...444731033.aspx

PamC