Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pablo Suarez Pablo Suarez is offline

Default How to define/find a reference field in a word doc?

I got a word doc which contains a header with a field which refers to an internal special field.
When I mark this header field, then right click and select "edit field..." then this field
is specified as:

Field name=Ref
Field properties Bookmark pane=Version

That means that somewhere in the current document there is a master/main field
which contains a version number.

How can I find the location of this "main/master" reference field in the current doc?
I would expect a menu entry "Go to/jump to master field" or similar but did not found.

Moreover I am interested on how to define such a main/master field to which other
fields in the doc can refer?

Pablo