Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
deb deb is offline

Default Multiple footnotes

How do I insert a properly numbered 2nd footnote on a page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Exactly the same way as the first one. Are you getting something
unexpected?

On Nov 15, 1:55*pm, DEB wrote:
How do I insert a properly numbered 2nd footnote on a page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
deb deb is offline

Thanks. When I inserted a second footnote on a page, I was getting another
footnote 1 just as if I had never inserted the first footnote footnote.
Further, the tnew footnote was being placed before the original #1 footnote
with a lot of sace between them.

After reading some related discussions on footnotes, I decided to delete all
footnotes and start over. This time it worked OK.

Note, I am running Word 2007 under Windows Vista.

On Nov 15, 1:55 pm, DEB wrote:
How do I insert a properly numbered 2nd footnote on a page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Deb,

I suspect your first footnote wasn't one in the sense that Word uses the term - more likely a note in the page footer.

--
Cheers
macropod