Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KB_jardin KB_jardin is offline

Default Word 2007 under Vista, another "input language switch" issue

Hello,

I would like to report another "input language switch" problem, but this
time under Word 2007 SP1 + Vista SP1.

I am working on "quadrilingual" documents ( French / English / Occitan /
Latin ).

All these languages are listed in the Word 2007 language list.

I can easily input text in the first 3 languages (French / English /
Occitan), the language setting "holds well" but when I try to enter text in
Latin, the language selection switches to the keyboard layout language...
Does this mean we can not input text in Latin in Word 2007 ?

Thanks!
KB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does this mean your Occitan is now working properly? (So it _is_ an XP
vs. Vista thing?)

On Nov 17, 10:52*am, KB_jardin
wrote:
Hello,

I would like to report another "input language switch" problem, but this
time under Word 2007 SP1 + Vista SP1.

I am working on "quadrilingual" documents ( French / English / Occitan /
Latin ).

All these languages are listed in the Word 2007 language list.

I can easily input text in the first 3 languages (French / English /
Occitan), the language setting "holds well" but when I try to enter text in
Latin, the language selection switches to the keyboard layout language...
Does this mean we can not input text in Latin in Word 2007 ?

Thanks!
KB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"grammatim" wrote:

Does this mean your Occitan is now working properly? (So it _is_ an XP
vs. Vista thing?)

Grammatim,

yes absolutely, I have XP+Office2007 on my laptop and VistaSP1+Office2007SP1
on my desktop.

The problem with Occitan is only showing on my laptop...

Thanks,
KB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which means they actually got something right in Vista -- something
that 99.99% of Vista users aren't even aware they have. (Meaning
language capacity in general, not just Occitan.)