Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Julie Adams Julie Adams is offline

Default Filling Out Forms

I have created a document that has form fields within. How do I prevent the
pages from moving when a person is filling out the form. I know you can
limit the form fields, however, I also want to keep the information on the
initial pages and not move to the next.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The best solution is to layout the form in a table (with hidden borders).
Test each form field is able to accept all the characters you assign it
without 'overflowing' the allocated space by entering an upper case M (the
widest character) or number 8 (for number fields). You don't have to use a
table, but I find it makes it just a little easier.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Julie Adams" Julie wrote in message
I have created a document that has form fields within. How do I prevent
the
pages from moving when a person is filling out the form. I know you can
limit the form fields, however, I also want to keep the information on the
initial pages and not move to the next.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will of course have to fix the height and width of the table cells.

Terry Farrell wrote:
The best solution is to layout the form in a table (with hidden
borders). Test each form field is able to accept all the characters
you assign it without 'overflowing' the allocated space by entering
an upper case M (the widest character) or number 8 (for number
fields). You don't have to use a table, but I find it makes it just a
little easier.

"Julie Adams" Julie wrote in message
I have created a document that has form fields within. How do I
prevent the
pages from moving when a person is filling out the form. I know you
can limit the form fields, however, I also want to keep the
information on the initial pages and not move to the next.

Filling Out Pre Printed Forms Harvey Microsoft Word Help 1 May 4th 12 05:10 PM
Filling in forms Lilly Microsoft Word Help 4 October 20th 08 12:33 AM
Filling In Forms Lou70433 Microsoft Word Help 3 September 27th 08 03:58 AM
filling out forms Deryl New Users 2 November 7th 07 04:32 PM
Filling in forms slippers Microsoft Word Help 1 December 8th 06 03:57 PM