John Gregory

Default Partially Stripping Documents of Formats

I've got a document that's gotten way out of hand. I'm spending more time
attempting to control the format each time I add something than it takes to
read the article, copy, and paste it to the file.

The file is broken into four sections. As I read news articles, I copy and
paste the headlines then bits and pieces of the article to the file. Of
course, I pick up the format of those headlines as well. What's begun to
happen is that some of those headlines are much taller than the regular
lines of text. I use the equal sign to draw a line separating each summary
of the article but, lately, the double line that results wraps around and
forms two and a half rows of equal signs each with line heights twice the
size of a regular line. I don't know how to adjust that line height.
Furthermore, I'm not even sure it's line height I'm dealing with. The cursor
comes to the end of a line I just copied as a title and if I hit the down
arrow, the cursor jumps what appears to be a full line and leaves it empty.
Try as I may, I can't find a control to format this space.

What' are the control keys that will strip this document of all formatting
and allow me to start of scratch? Will that operation work on just a shaded
section of a document since my problem develops only around these headlines?
I'd hate to be forced to reformat everything. The document is quite long.

Robert M. Franz

Hi John

John Gregory wrote:
[..]
What' are the control keys that will strip this document of all formatting
and allow me to start of scratch? Will that operation work on just a shaded
section of a document since my problem develops only around these headlines?
I'd hate to be forced to reformat everything. The document is quite long.

I see two possible roads:

- CTRL A (SelectAll), then CTRL Q (ResetPara) and CTRL Space
(ResetChar): All Formatting is reset to the underlying paragraph style,
no direct formatting nor character styles are preserved.

or

- CTRL A, then CTRL SHIFT N: Converts to Normal style.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS