Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Filmon Filmon is offline

Default Trying to fit the text between two indention

Hi

A have a Word document of 67 pages. I have pasted the text from a PDF file.
I use indentions at both sides. My text is in line with the left indention,
but I want it to be in the same line with the right indention too.

Example:

left indention right
indention
jfkdjfksjfdkfjdsjfksjfskfjskfjsdkfjskfsjdffsfdfs
dfdsfsdfdsfsdfffffffffffffsdfdfsfddfsfsdf
dfdfsfefrerwerefdfdgfgdfdfdf
dfsdfdseerdfsdfs
dffdfdsfdsfdf

Now I want the text to be:

left indention right
indention
jfkdjfksjfdkfjdsjfksjfskfjskfjsdkfjskfsjfddssfdsfd sfdjhk
dfdsfsdfdsfsdfffffffffffffsdfdfsfddfdfsfefrerweref dfdgff
fssfsffdfsffdfddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddfffh

I hope you understand what I mean. I am doing this manually, but I hope and
I think there is a funktion for that.

Someone who knows?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The text you're pasting has either paragraph marks or manual line breaks at
the ends of the lines. You can use the Find/Replace function to remove them
and replace them with spaces. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Filmon wrote:
I use Word 2007...

"Filmon" skrev:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Filmon Filmon is offline

Hi Jay! I am so thankful, really thankful for your answer. I am really glad
now, knowing that all 17 documents with about 60 pages each will be corrected
much easily!

Now I am trying to find the function "Autoformat" I have swedish version of
Word, but I will find it.

Thanks again!!

/Filmon

"Jay Freedman" skrev:

The text you're pasting has either paragraph marks or manual line breaks at
the ends of the lines. You can use the Find/Replace function to remove them
and replace them with spaces. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Filmon wrote:
I use Word 2007...

"Filmon" skrev:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In Word 2007, you'll need to add one or two buttons to the Quick Access
Toolbar to run the AutoFormat command. I can tell you their English names,
and I hope the translation to Swedish (or whatever Microsoft thinks is
Swedish) is not too difficult.

Go to Office button Word Options Customize and set the "Choose commands
from" dropdown (above the left-hand list) to "Commands Not in the Ribbon".
There are two items in the list: "AutoFormat..." which opens the dialog, and
"AutoFormat Now" which just runs the command without a dialog. Select one or
both of those items and click the Add button to copy them into the
right-hand list.

To get to the AutoFormat options, go to Office button Word Options
Proofing AutoCorrect Options and click the AutoFormat tab in the dialog.
If you may need it often, you can add the AutoFormat Options button to the
Quick Access Toolbar in the same way as the other buttons. (The dialog that
it displays has "AutoCorrect" in the title bar, but it is actually just the
AutoFormat tab of the AutoCorrect Options dialog.)

"Jay Freedman" skrev:

The text you're pasting has either paragraph marks or manual line
breaks at the ends of the lines. You can use the Find/Replace
function to remove them and replace them with spaces. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman