Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PeterHS PeterHS is offline

Default Word 2007 Problem Templates with more users

L.s.,

For our company I made workgroup templates for standard documents. A user
can make a new document based on the template and save it.

When the document is opened again the attached template is also opened (not
to see, but visible in Visual Basic project). When a other user opens a
document based on the same template he gets a warning saying (translated from
Dutch) €œfile already in use, open as read only €¦..€ . When u choose read-only
it works fine, It also works fine when I close the massage with the X.

Is there a easy and nice way to avoid this message?

A work around maybe would be to make all templates Read only in Windows or
to create a close macro that attach the document to the normal template. But
I think its normal use and this sort off complex workaround shouldnt be
necessary.

Further I found out; when one user has a document with the attached template
open and a make a new document based on the template I dont get the
message!!!!

Anny tip is welcome.

Peter.