Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margie Margie is offline

Default automatically inserts words- like company name -

Not auto text, not auto correct...but, I want to insert words on to a list
and when I start typing my company name - Eq - that EquaGen appears. Or Miss
- and Mississippi. or Je and Jepson appears.

In the autocorrect, you have to put the incorrect spelling and then the
correct spelling...which isn't what I want to do.

In older versions, you could insert words on to an auto correct list and
they would automatically populate with just a few key strokes of initial
letters.

Thanks for any help.
Margie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You're wrong about AutoCorrect.

I assume you're talking here about Word 2007. Go to Office button Word
Options Proofing and click the AutoCorrect Options button to get the same
dialog you saw in previous versions. You can create any entries there that
you want.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Margie wrote:
Not auto text, not auto correct...but, I want to insert words on to a
list and when I start typing my company name - Eq - that EquaGen
appears. Or Miss - and Mississippi. or Je and Jepson appears.

In the autocorrect, you have to put the incorrect spelling and then
the correct spelling...which isn't what I want to do.

In older versions, you could insert words on to an auto correct list
and they would automatically populate with just a few key strokes of
initial letters.

Thanks for any help.
Margie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Margie,

I think what you are refering to is "AutoText." In the pre-Word2007
Word world there was a feature called "Show AutoComplete Suggestions"
that would monitor the text you typed and if it matched an existing
AutoText entry in your template you would get a screen tip allowing
your to complete the entry by pressing "Enter."

Unfortunately that feature is not available in Word2007.

AutoText is still available in Word2007, it has just been incorporated
as one gallery in a collection of 35 similiar galleries collectively
called building blocks.

That said, you can still create your collection building blocks in the
AutoText gallery (or any gallery) and when you type Eq (and provided
"Eq" is unique) then press F3 and EquaGen will appear.

I have put together a few tools to enhance working with building
blocks he

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Word2007_B...&_AutoText.htm

On Dec 4, 11:50*am, Margie wrote:
Not auto text, not auto correct...but, I want to insert words on to a list
and when I start typing my company name - Eq *- that EquaGen appears. Or Miss
- and Mississippi. or Je and Jepson appears.

In the autocorrect, you have to put the incorrect spelling and then the
correct spelling...which isn't what I want to do.

In older versions, you could insert words on to an auto correct list and
they would automatically populate with just a few key strokes of initial
letters.

Thanks for any help.
Margie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
A. Ramos A. Ramos is offline

That's really unfortunate. I depended on that feature a lot at work. And
although I read what you said and that link, I still can't find a way to have
the text be inserted.

On Dec 4, 11:50 am, Margie wrote:
Not auto text, not auto correct...but, I want to insert words on to a list
and when I start typing my company name - Eq - that EquaGen appears. Or Miss
- and Mississippi. or Je and Jepson appears.

In the autocorrect, you have to put the incorrect spelling and then the
correct spelling...which isn't what I want to do.

In older versions, you could insert words on to an auto correct list and
they would automatically populate with just a few key strokes of initial
letters.

Thanks for any help.
Margie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

A. Ramos,

Let's walk through this and see if you can get it to work. You've read my
tips page on building blocks and AutoText in Word2007 so you know that
instead of just one collection of pre-defined chunks of text or other
content called AutoText you can now have 35 such collections. We will still
work with the one called AutoText

Open a new Word document.

Type in EquaGen

Select it and press Alt+F3. In the create new building block dialog that
appears, change the gallery to AutoText and the Save in to Normal. Click OK

Now move the cursor and type Eq, then press F3. Does EquaGen not get
inserted?

On Dec 4, 11:50 am, Margie wrote:
Not auto text, not auto correct...but, I want to insert words on to
a list and when I start typing my company name - Eq - that EquaGen
appears. Or Miss - and Mississippi. or Je and Jepson appears.

In the autocorrect, you have to put the incorrect spelling and then
the correct spelling...which isn't what I want to do.

In older versions, you could insert words on to an auto correct
list and they would automatically populate with just a few key
strokes of initial letters.

Thanks for any help.
Margie

--