Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aussie Wendy Aussie Wendy is offline

Default Fractions

Using WOrd 2007, I have selected Word Options:Proofing: Autocorrect Options,
and enabled "Replace fractions with fraction character". However, when I
type 1/2 in the text it does not replace it with the half character. I have
tried changing fonts, including to Ariel and Times New Roman, but it does not
seem to make any difference. Why aren't I getting the fraction character for
1/2 inserted?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you type a space first? If you type "21/2" it'll think you mean 21
over 2 rather than 2 and a half.

On Dec 5, 7:36*pm, Aussie Wendy
wrote:
Using WOrd 2007, I have selected Word Options:Proofing: Autocorrect Options,
and enabled "Replace fractions with fraction character". *However, when I
type 1/2 in the text it does not replace it with the half character. *I have
tried changing fonts, including to Ariel and Times New Roman, but it does not
seem to make any difference. *Why aren't I getting the fraction character for
1/2 inserted?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aussie Wendy Aussie Wendy is offline

The original one was actually at the start of a sentence "1/2 apple", but I
have also tried it with spaces for and aft - " 1/2 apple" - and it makes no
difference - I still don't get the fraction character inserted.

wrote:
Using WOrd 2007, I have selected Word Options:Proofing: Autocorrect Options,
and enabled "Replace fractions with fraction character". However, when I
type 1/2 in the text it does not replace it with the half character. I have
tried changing fonts, including to Ariel and Times New Roman, but it does not
seem to make any difference. Why aren't I getting the fraction character for
1/2 inserted?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Did you set the option under the autoformat as you type tab and not merely
under the autoformat tab?

wrote:
Using WOrd 2007, I have selected Word Options:Proofing: Autocorrect
Options, and enabled "Replace fractions with fraction character".
However, when I type 1/2 in the text it does not replace it with
the half character. I have tried changing fonts, including to
Ariel and Times New Roman, but it does not seem to make any
difference. Why aren't I getting the fraction character for 1/2
inserted?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Autoformat is a set of tools that you can apply to an already written
document. It is a command not on the ribbon, though you can add it to the
QAT (Quick Access Toolbar)

Fractions Annie New Users 11 September 1st 05 06:42 PM
How to make odd fractions look like normal common fractions? Skimap1 Microsoft Word Help 2 July 20th 05 03:13 PM
How do i do fractions? Estee_Aus Microsoft Word Help 1 July 11th 05 08:52 AM
Word should auto convert the 1/3 fractions like 1/4-1/2 fractions. greneyes Microsoft Word Help 5 March 24th 05 07:31 PM
How do I get automatic fractions in Word for uncommon fractions l. Kurt Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 07:25 PM