coquie

Default Word dictionary

Is there a dictionary with definitions that will work from inside Word 2002
on words selected?
Charles Kenyon

Encarta. It works automatically when I'm online for Word 2003 and I think it
was incorporated in Word 2002.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"coquie" wrote in message
Is there a dictionary with definitions that will work from inside Word
2002
on words selected?

Daiya Mitchell

Try right-clicking on the word, there should be a command for Define or Look
Up Definition or somesuch (at least in my version...)

On 3/13/05 6:49 AM, "coquie" wrote:

Is there a dictionary with definitions that will work from inside Word 2002
on words selected?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Summer

Hi there folks,

In my version, MS Office Word 2003, r-clicking brings up the choices of
"Look Up..." and "Synonyms". "Look Up..." launches the Research window (the
button is also on the toolbar). Here, I find Encarta dictionary is available
only on line. Depending on the word I r-click, the Thesaurus may or may not
list other word choices. Definitions? Pronunciation? Nope.

I miss MS Bookshelf 98 where one could select a word to get its definition
(in an instant!) and one could even choose to hear how it is pronounced. I
used it quite often.

I still have the MS Bookshelf 98 CD. Hmmm, I wonder if Bookshelf 98 would
run in WinXP Pro? And if it needs Word to operate? And, if so, will Word
2003 work with it? Off to Google this...
--
Summer

.. .

On 3/13/05 6:49 AM, "coquie" wrote:

Is there a dictionary with definitions that will work from inside Word
2002
on words selected?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/