Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
April April is offline

Default best method to bring word into Excel

i am not sure if the solution to this problem is with Word or Excel.
three different presenters are conducting employee meetings. each presenter
will have several meetings and the participants at each meeting will change.
the topics to be discussed will be Communication, Compensation, Overall job
satisfaction, etc. i have a three Word documents with bullet notes on the
major discussion points. i have tried setting up an Excel spreadsheet with a
tab for each presenter and then copy the notes from Word. Unfortunately, all
the notes don't copy into Excel - some are truncated. spreadsheet would look
like this with a separate tab for each presenter

meeting date1 meeting date 2
meeting date etc
communcation
compensation
oversall job satisfaction

the goal is if someone asks me to get all the info on communcation from all
the meetings, it will be in one place. is there anyway to hyperlink to a
named range in word as there is in Excel?

Eventually all the info will be consolidated into a Power Point
presentation. i am totally open to any suggestion that 1. will capture all
the data and 2. make it easy to read in one place.

thanks for your help

aprilshowers
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi april,

Mmmm. I assume you want to put this in Excel because of the multiple "tabs" /
workbook? And you're trying to insert the Word documents as "Word Document
Objects"? (The result being that anything beyond one page is not visible until
you double-click the object - thus the truncation?)

If the only reason you're using Excel is the "tabs" I might look at using a
single document for each presenter. Insert all three documents into a single
Word document, using Insert/File with a link or the Master Document feature.

That way, each presenter can work with their document individually, but when
they send it back to you, it links back into and updates your combined document.

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)