Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mac Mac is offline

Default my shortcut keys in word 2007 are not working

i have changed from office xp to office 2007 and notice that some of my
shortcut keys are not working. in particular ctrl+p and ctrl+b
i can't find any posts anywhere telling me or guiding me on how to fix it or
whether there is an on/off button (yes sounds silly but would be obvious )

is there anything I can do? I have uninstalled and re-installed it 3 times.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Most Office 2007 shortcut keys are unchanged from previous versions, and
there is no setting to turn them all off at once. If Ctrl+P and Ctrl+B are
not working, then it's likely due to something else, such as a foreign
keyboard having accidentally been turned on, an add-in, or a malfunctioning
keyboard. Are other keys also not working, or giving unexpected results? Do
you see an odd pair of letters in Windows' taskbar (if you're in the U.S.
and the language toolbar is active, you usually will see EN). If you see
letters other than EN, click the letters then click EN. Does that fix it for
you?

If it's not a language/keyboard setting, what happens if you start Word in
Safe Mode (press Ctrl as Word is started, then click the Yes prompt to start
in safe mode)?

Is the problem in all Office 2007 applications, or just in Word?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

)

is there anything I can do? I have uninstalled and re-installed it 3
times.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mac Mac is offline

Hi there.
the settings are set on English US but there is a ? and not "EN" but then I
am in australia.
also when using word, if I use Shift + Ctrl + F12 the function works, but
not just Ctrl + P

The functions are not working in Excel either.
the common ones I use are copy, paste, cut, print, bold, underline, italic.

of all of them, the ones not working are print and bold.

I tried starting in safe mode and the same thing happen. the two shortcut
keys are not working.
i appreciate the assistance.