Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J. Ivins J. Ivins is offline

Default can i use a Word template in the body of Outlook?

Outlook and Word 2007.

I posted this in the Outlook forum as well but thought someone here may know
as well...

I have a template that I created in MS Word and what I'm wondering is
this...can I use this template in the body of my Outlook message? I do not
want it to be an attachment. I want it to be displayed as the main body of
the message.

My clients may not read the message if it is an attachment.

Can I turn this Word template into an Outlook Template?

Thanks All!!!!!!!!!! Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

E-mail is either plain text of html. Neither is directly compatable with
Word document format, so the answer to your question is no.
You have no control over how a recipient views your message. Many will view
all e-mails as plain text.

J. Ivins wrote:
Outlook and Word 2007.

I posted this in the Outlook forum as well but thought someone here
may know as well...

I have a template that I created in MS Word and what I'm wondering is
this...can I use this template in the body of my Outlook message? I
do not want it to be an attachment. I want it to be displayed as the
main body of the message.

My clients may not read the message if it is an attachment.

Can I turn this Word template into an Outlook Template?

Thanks All!!!!!!!!!! Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J. Ivins J. Ivins is offline

Thank you Graham. If this is the case, how do companies send out emails with
images, graphics, and the rest in them? I receive emails from Medical
Companies with these things straight in the body and not as attachments. Do
they use a different email client?

J. Ivins wrote:
Outlook and Word 2007.

I posted this in the Outlook forum as well but thought someone here
may know as well...

I have a template that I created in MS Word and what I'm wondering is
this...can I use this template in the body of my Outlook message? I
do not want it to be an attachment. I want it to be displayed as the
main body of the message.

My clients may not read the message if it is an attachment.

Can I turn this Word template into an Outlook Template?

Thanks All!!!!!!!!!! Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

Those are HTML, and you'll find the images are actually stored (in most
cases) on the sender's web server.

This is actually used by spammers and phishers. They'll place a blank image
in a seemingly harmless message but when you open it, downloading the image
confirms to the spammer that they have a working email address. This is
exactly WHY many people (I'm one of them) read email as plain text.

Dan