Dallass

Default text is not appearing on the screen when I type using word 2003

The letters are not appearing on the monitor as I type but if I go to spell
check they are there. I think it is something simple to adjust but just cant
get it to work.
Jay Freedman

Dallass wrote:
The letters are not appearing on the monitor as I type but if I go to
spell check they are there. I think it is something simple to adjust
but just cant get it to work.

With the cursor in the text (use the spell-checker to get there if
necessary), check the values in the Format Font and Format Paragraph
dialogs. The text may be white on white, or it may be set with a large
negative indent so that it's off-screen. There are probably some other odd
settings that could do this -- is the text just in regular paragraphs, or in
tables, or in text boxes? Does this happen in all documents, or just in new
ones?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

text is too large in help screen in Word julie39 Microsoft Word Help 8 January 29th 06 04:44 AM
How do I stop auto correct-replace text as you type? golfchick Microsoft Word Help 1 January 24th 05 10:55 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM
Turn off screen tips about size and type of files in open window slcamero Microsoft Word Help 1 November 24th 04 07:55 PM