Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
karink karink is offline

Default un-do a keyboard program

I acepted a sugestion in Word to use a keyboard program to reduce errors. Now
I can't undo the change, and I can't type double letters (e.g., tt in letter)
or backspace under certain conditions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David David is offline

I acepted a sugestion in Word to use a keyboard program to reduce errors.
Now
I can't undo the change, and I can't type double letters (e.g., tt in letter)
or backspace under certain conditions.

I think that the keyboard program you're referring to is the autocorrect
feature in word. If you type 'teh', it will autocorrect it to 'the'. If
that's the case, you can remove any entry that is causing problems (e.g.
letter - leter) in the AutoCorrect Options dialog. This is in Tools/Options
in 2003 (I think), or File/Word Options/Proofing/Autocorrect options in 2007.

If that's not the problem, then explain a little more what you typed and
what happened letter by letter. Also, if you know if the Keyboard Program is
part of Word, or if it is a non-Microsoft program, that would be helpful too.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Check your Accessibility Settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"karink" wrote in message
I acepted a sugestion in Word to use a keyboard program to reduce errors.
Now
I can't undo the change, and I can't type double letters (e.g., tt in
letter)
or backspace under certain conditions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This will probably be one of the Accessibility Options in the Windows
Control Panel. If you press a certain combination of keys, you'll be asked
if you want to enable certain features. You can undo this by clearing
various check boxes in the Accessibility Options dialog; to prevent a
recurrence, also clear the check box for "Use shortcut" in the Settings
dialog for StickyKeys, FilterKeys, and ToggleKeys, as well as the one for
"Show extra keyboard help in programs."

http://word.mvps.org