Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bospa bospa is offline

Default Cell not formatting in a table

I have a table in word 2003 with 4 columns and 177 rows. One of the columns
is set @ 1.17 with Times New Roman 11 font and each row has date entries
with a xx Jan xxxx format on one line. 176 of the rows are fine but one cell
wraps the year to a second line. Ive tried changing the cell margins to 0
for the one cell, then tried 0 for the entire table. The only way I can get
this cell on one line is to set the column width to 1.43.

Anyone know what Ive missed?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure the font size is actually the same and also check to make sure
that the paragraph doesn't have any indents.

http://word.mvps.org

"bospa" wrote in message
I have a table in word 2003 with 4 columns and 177 rows. One of the
columns
is set @ 1.17" with Times New Roman 11 font and each row has date entries
with a xx Jan xxxx format on one line. 176 of the rows are fine but one
cell
wraps the year to a second line. I've tried changing the cell margins to
0
for the one cell, then tried 0 for the entire table. The only way I can
get
this cell on one line is to set the column width to 1.43".

Anyone know what I've missed?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bospa bospa is offline

Thanks for fast reply, both these were OK but you got me thinking what I
hadn't tried. I deleted the entire row, inserted a new row, re-entered the
information, and it's on one line. Even got the column width to 0.91". Wish
I'd done this 2 hours ago.
Thanks again

"bospa" wrote in message
I have a table in word 2003 with 4 columns and 177 rows. One of the
columns
is set @ 1.17" with Times New Roman 11 font and each row has date entries
with a xx Jan xxxx format on one line. 176 of the rows are fine but one
cell
wraps the year to a second line. I've tried changing the cell margins to
0
for the one cell, then tried 0 for the entire table. The only way I can
get
this cell on one line is to set the column width to 1.43".

Anyone know what I've missed?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Just one of those unsolved mysteries, then. Sometimes you just have to do
what works and give up on figuring out why something doesn't work!

http://word.mvps.org