Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan-Øyvind Jan-Øyvind is offline

Default Autocorrection of O2 and other subscript words

Hi.

Is it possible to autocorrect O2 so that 2 becomes subscript? If so, how do
I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Of course - format the O2 as required and select it, then create an
autocorrect entry, being sure to check the 'formatted' button.

Jan-Øyvind wrote:
Hi.

Is it possible to autocorrect O2 so that 2 becomes subscript? If so,
how do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan-Øyvind[_2_] Jan-Øyvind[_2_] is offline

Thank you.

How do I copy these autocorrect entries to other profiles? In other words,
which files do I have to copy to other persons' profiles for them to get the
same autocorrections as my profile?

I have noticed that the autocorrections with text formatting are stored in
other files than the "normal" autocorrection text without formatting.

Jan-Øyvind wrote:
Hi.

Is it possible to autocorrect O2 so that 2 becomes subscript? If so,
how do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Formatted autocorrect entries are stored in the normal template.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

Jan-Øyvind wrote:
Hi.

Is it possible to autocorrect O2 so that 2 becomes subscript? If so,
how do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan-Øyvind[_2_] Jan-Øyvind[_2_] is offline

Thank you for your swift reply.

I work in a hospital, so the normal template is not modifiable. Is it
possible to use another template in Word, while the normal template in the
hospital is unmodified?

If so, how do I choose to use this other template and where should it be
stored?

Jan-Øyvind wrote:
Hi.

Is it possible to autocorrect O2 so that 2 becomes subscript? If so,
how do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

No - The normal template is not supposed to be locked down in this manner.
It is designed to be an individual user file, though some organisations -
especially those with bone idle support staff - try to lock down everything
to mininmise the amount of work they do (though I am certain they will not
admit to that) Unless you can get your IT support to free up the normal
template for use as an individual user file, you will not be able to use it
it the manner intended for storing personalisations.

You can put autoTEXT entries in an add-in or document template, but
formatted autocorrect entries need the normal template.