Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Alan is offline

Default Word 2002

I had to reinstall my MS Word 2000 and I don't have the product key. I
bought the program several years ago. How can I access my product key from
works or power point?

--
Alan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alborg alborg is offline

There are numerous "key finder" programs out there. Check out this Google
search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=ms+wo...e=utf8&oe=utf8

Al

"Alan" wrote:

I had to reinstall my MS Word 2000 and I don't have the product key. I
bought the program several years ago. How can I access my product key from
works or power point?

--
Alan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Your subject line says 2002, the message text says 2000?
Works has nothing to do with it. It is an entirely separate product,
sometimes packaged as a 'suite' with Word.
PowerPoint *may* have the same key, if it was installed from the same Office
2002 package, but the probability is that it won't as you have reinstalled
Word alone. By all means use Belarc Advisor (a free download) to check, but
if Word was a separate product you will be wasting your time. Having already
uninstalled Word is not the best time to ask about recovering the product
key!
Microsoft no longer supports Word 2000, but if you have proof of purchase
there is no harm asking. See how to obtain a new product key -
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570
Otherwise, if you have discarded the product key, that's the end of the
story, unless you want to go lurking in the greyer areas of the internet,
with all the dangers to which that would expose the unwary.

Alan wrote:
I had to reinstall my MS Word 2000 and I don't have the product key.
I bought the program several years ago. How can I access my product
key from works or power point?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alborg alborg is offline

Hi grandma:

The one that I've used in the past to get at my product keys to do an
inventory of what's installed on my office was a program called
insanekeyfinder.exe. One site that hosts this free download is
http://www.download32.com/insane-keyfinder-d57419.html.

But note- you have to have MS Office installed already on your system. It
will not get it from the CD.

Graham- the site doesn't seem to be too seedy... The software works well,
and may pull folks like poor little grandma out of a jam!

Cheers,
Al