Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bluesnapper bluesnapper is offline

Default Hyperlink in Office 2007

The problem I am having is a hyperlink pointing to the wrong download site..

I have been trying to access a list of documents ( .doc and .pdf) via
hyperlinks in a Word based document ao the internet.

The problem is that those hyperlinks are pointing to my Temp folder on the C
drive (it does this if I use any browser - IE, Safari, Firefox). When I use
Safari the folder thats in my Temp folder changes everytime I try and access
that file (ie Saf32 then it will be Saf36 and so on).

My daughters Laptop using Office 2007 works perfectly.

Any ideas why its pointing to my Temp folder and how to get it to lokk at
the correct download site?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In the Word document, is there a "Hyperlink base" specified (Summary tab of
the document Properties dialog box)? If so, try clearing it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bluesnapper" wrote in message
The problem I am having is a hyperlink pointing to the wrong download
site..

I have been trying to access a list of documents ( .doc and .pdf) via
hyperlinks in a Word based document ao the internet.

The problem is that those hyperlinks are pointing to my Temp folder on the
drive (it does this if I use any browser - IE, Safari, Firefox). When I
use
Safari the folder thats in my Temp folder changes everytime I try and
access
that file (ie Saf32 then it will be Saf36 and so on).

My daughters Laptop using Office 2007 works perfectly.

Any ideas why its pointing to my Temp folder and how to get it to lokk at
the correct download site?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bluesnapper bluesnapper is offline

I have now found what you where referring too.

That dialog box was empty.

The download hyperlink is still pointing to a none existant Temp folder and
as such the download will not work.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bluesnapper bluesnapper is offline

For some strange reason I can access the download from IE7 as expected to.

But via Safari and Firefox its still wnats me to go to a non-existant Temp
file thats named in the documents properties location.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bluesnapper bluesnapper is offline

I don't know if I have stumbled on the answer to my problem.

It appears that some Office downloads are 'hard coded' to use IE only, so
any others such as Firefox or Safari are 'not allowed' to access that
hyperlink properly.

If this is indeed the answer to my problem, is their a way around this or a
hotfix that can be applied?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You may want to ask this in an Internet Explorer forum instead (and/or in
forums devoted to Firefox and Safari).