Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John[_11_] John[_11_] is offline

Default How do I start Word 2007 with field contnets displayed?

I recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007. Now when I open a Word
document, all of the fields display their codes rather than their contents,
requiring me to select everything, right-click, and select "Toggle field
codes". Is there a way to start Word 2007 with field contents displayed (as
was the case with Word 2003)?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

This should work the same as in Word 2003. Note that if there are multiple
documents open in a Word session, you may not have full control over which
setting gets saved when you exit the application. Therefore it might be a
good idea to change the setting with only one document open.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"John" wrote in message
I recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007. Now when I open a
Word
document, all of the fields display their codes rather than their
contents,
requiring me to select everything, right-click, and select "Toggle field
codes". Is there a way to start Word 2007 with field contents displayed
(as
was the case with Word 2003)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J. L. Miller J. L. Miller is offline