Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dorin.ddd dorin.ddd is offline

Default Can't delete with "Backspace" any more in MsWord.

If I select some text in Word and press Backspace the selection deselects but
it does not delete the text. It stays there. I can only delete using the
Delete button which is not in a handy place on my keyboard.

Also if I select some text and start writing, the text deselects and what I
write goes in formt of the selection.

How can I change this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Go to Tools | Options and on the Edit tab insert a checkmark in the first box
- typing replaces selection.
--
Rae Drysdale