Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bluesky Bluesky is offline

Default WORD - Save on USB memory key - problems

When I open a document in WORD 2003 directly from USB memory key and than I
make some changes in it. When I try to save it, opens an error message: "Word
cannot finish saving, because you don't have permission" (or something like
that). Then it can hapen, that WORD erases this document from the key! I
tried to find if I have any virus, but I don't.
This problem started one day, but before I didn' have any problems with that.
This problem occurs only in WORD, in other MS Office (eg. Excel) is no
problem.
I have tried different USB memory keys, and always is the same.
What could be the reason?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER save a file directly to removeable media.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER open a file directly from removeable media.

(That is, if you don't want corrupt files.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bluesky" wrote in message
When I open a document in WORD 2003 directly from USB memory key and than
make some changes in it. When I try to save it, opens an error message:
"Word
cannot finish saving, because you don't have permission" (or something
like
that). Then it can hapen, that WORD erases this document from the key! I
tried to find if I have any virus, but I don't.
This problem started one day, but before I didn' have any problems with
that.
This problem occurs only in WORD, in other MS Office (eg. Excel) is no
problem.
I have tried different USB memory keys, and always is the same.
What could be the reason?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus[_2_] Opinicus[_2_] is offline

"Bluesky" wrote

When I open a document in WORD 2003 directly from USB memory key and than
make some changes in it. When I try to save it, opens an error message:
"Word
cannot finish saving, because you don't have permission" (or something
like
that). Then it can hapen, that WORD erases this document from the key! I
tried to find if I have any virus, but I don't.
This problem started one day, but before I didn' have any problems with
that.
This problem occurs only in WORD, in other MS Office (eg. Excel) is no
problem.
I have tried different USB memory keys, and always is the same.
What could be the reason?

The reason is that you shouldn't open or save documents from Word on
removable media. Copy the file to your hard disk and work with it from
there.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com