Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
L. Mohan Arun L. Mohan Arun is offline

Default Count number of occurrences

Hi I am using Word 2003. I need a way to COUNT particular occurrences
of word or words in a document. I only want the total count of the
occurrences of a particular phrase. The only option seems to be
pressing Next.. Next.. in the Find dialog. Is there a better way that
I do not know of?

Thanks
--------------
Read my blog
http://interestsblog.blogspot.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use replace (CTRL+H) to find the phrase and replace it with ^& (the found
text). Replace all will give you the total number of replacements.

L. Mohan Arun wrote:
Hi I am using Word 2003. I need a way to COUNT particular occurrences
of word or words in a document. I only want the total count of the
occurrences of a particular phrase. The only option seems to be
pressing Next.. Next.. in the Find dialog. Is there a better way that
I do not know of?

Thanks
--------------
Read my blog
http://interestsblog.blogspot.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
L. Mohan Arun L. Mohan Arun is offline

Thanks ! that worked perfectly!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Find dialog, check the box for "Highlight all items found." The
result will be a number.

http://word.mvps.org

"L. Mohan Arun" wrote in message
Hi I am using Word 2003. I need a way to COUNT particular occurrences
of word or words in a document. I only want the total count of the
occurrences of a particular phrase. The only option seems to be
pressing Next.. Next.. in the Find dialog. Is there a better way that
I do not know of?

Thanks
Read my blog
http://interestsblog.blogspot.com