Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Autosave doesn

I'm in Windows XP and using Outlook 2003, with Word 2003 as my email editor.

When I use Word for standalone editing I have the Word options set so that
Word autosaves my open files every 10 minutes. But this does not seem to work
in Outlook. When I had a system crash and had to reboot, Outlook and Word did
not recover the unsent emails that I was composing at the time of the crash.

How do I get Word to autosave/recover documents when I'm using it as my
Outlook editor?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is no autosave in Word. Only autosave recovery information. This is
somewhat hit and miss, and won't occur at all until after the ten minutes
have elapsed. There is no substitute for saving often.

Eric wrote:
I'm in Windows XP and using Outlook 2003, with Word 2003 as my email
editor.

When I use Word for standalone editing I have the Word options set so
that Word autosaves my open files every 10 minutes. But this does not
seem to work in Outlook. When I had a system crash and had to reboot,
Outlook and Word did not recover the unsent emails that I was
composing at the time of the crash.

How do I get Word to autosave/recover documents when I'm using it as
my Outlook editor?

Thanks.

Word has broken down and reinstall doesn t work-what to do? DisgruntledUser Microsoft Word Help 3 November 19th 08 11:08 AM
Word doesn`t add changes to the Normal.dot file Jacques Trépanier Microsoft Word Help 1 November 24th 06 10:54 PM
STOP what you’re doing - It doesn’t work! S6EV [email protected] New Users 0 July 29th 06 08:18 PM
AutoSave Sue Microsoft Word Help 1 May 8th 06 09:25 PM
Microsoft 2000 doesn`t open. Yiorgos Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 05 07:41 AM