Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Penna Tony Penna is offline

Default Tabs

When creating a numbered list in Word 2003, I can type Enter to create the
next numbered item in the list. When I type Tab to change the number to a
letter (for example, to change 2 to 1a), all that happens is the cursor moves
over one tab space and the 2 stays there. What setting needs to be changed
so that the tab key will change the number to a letter?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:48:04 -0800, Tony Penna
wrote:

When creating a numbered list in Word 2003, I can type Enter to create the
next numbered item in the list. When I type Tab to change the number to a
letter (for example, to change 2 to 1a), all that happens is the cursor moves
over one tab space and the 2 stays there. What setting needs to be changed
so that the tab key will change the number to a letter?

Tools AutoCorrect Options AutoFormat As You Type "Set left- and
first-indent with tabs and backspaces" needs to be checked.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Help with tabs acall Microsoft Word Help 2 July 10th 07 08:46 PM
Changing default tabs in one paragraph changes all tabs sjnet Page Layout 1 June 6th 07 11:22 PM
Set tabs for three pages of figures and tabs remain same for all t CWD-the referee Microsoft Word Help 1 September 6th 06 05:59 PM
Tabs Kristin Page Layout 0 October 11th 05 05:46 PM
Tabs jhuff234 Microsoft Word Help 0 May 11th 05 07:54 PM